Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is the most important thing we are called to do with our lives. Gary Chapman developed the term Love Language during 30 years of marriage counseling to describe how people speak and understand emotional love. Your Love Language is how you “speak” love to those around you. He concluded that there are 5 Love Languages:
- Words of Affirmation: This love language needs words to uplift, encourage, and affirm them to feel loved.
- Acts of Service: This love language needs thoughtful things done for them to feel loved.
- Gifts: This love language needs gifts to feel loved.
- Quality Time: This love language needs time and undivided attention to feel loved.
- Physical Touch: This love language needs appropriate and thoughtful touch to feel loved.
Read each pair of statements below and circle the one that best describes you. At our next coaching session, we will review the results of this assessment as well as discuss how knowing this information will be helpful to you throughout your life and extremely powerful in your relationships.
*this Love Language quiz was adapted from Gary Chapman