- Pray: Please take time prior to our session to pray. Ask the Lord to give us guidance and direction and prepare your heart for what He wants you to gain during our time together.
- Confidentiality: Everything we discuss will be held confidential.
- Cancellations: If possible, please contact me within 24 hours of our session if you need to reschedule, however, I completely understand those unexpected situations may come up. In that case, please contact me as soon as possible so we can reschedule.
- Be On Time: Please be one time (if not early) for our coaching sessions. To respect your time and mine, we will start on time and end on time. For coaching calls or Skype calls, I will call you exactly at our starting time.
- Assignments/Accountability: Part of my job as your coach is to hold you accountable. Please complete all of your assignments in order to move forward and make progress.
- Communicate: Please communicate with me in between coaching sessions as needed via email or text. The benefit of coaching is that I will be here to answer any questions and offer any advice, encouragement, or prayer you may need. I will be checking in on you at least once a week just to see how you are doing, to ask if you have any questions on any assignments given, and see how I can be praying for you. However, I will not be available at all on Sundays. Saturdays are family days so I will be less available, but will still return messages when I can. Thank you for understanding.
- Positive: Please be positive. When your attitude is focused on positive thoughts, your coaching experience will be more beneficial. At the same time, please be honest. Be comfortable being open and sharing any challenges you are experiencing (after all, we are REAL LIFE Families) and we will solve the problem and figure out a solution together.
- As a client, I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being and the well-being of my family and my children, including my choices and decisions. I am aware that I can choose to discontinue coaching at any time. I recognize that coaching does not take the place of counseling and that professional referrals will be given if needed.
- Coaching is a relationship between a client and a coach that is designed to facilitate the creation and development of the client’s personal goals. The relationship is also designed to develop strategies to carry out a plan for achieving those goals. I understand that the Teamwork Parenting Coaching is typically about learning new parenting strategies that revolve around relationship-building and teamwork. It is about looking towards the future with new parenting tools, not about repairing or uncovering my past.
- The coaching we will be doing will focus primarily on the Teamwork Parenting Approach. We will also take some time to explore more about you. The methods of assessments may include but are not limited to: your parenting style, how you’re wired, how you learn, how you process information, how you feel loved, your strengths, your gifts, talents, and natural abilities, your personality type, your communication style, etc. More tests and assessments may be added as needed. I acknowledge that how I handle the information I learn about myself and the choices I make are exclusively my responsibility. Some tools will work for my family. Some tools won’t. It is solely my responsibility to decide what is best for me and for my kids.
- Coaching does not treat mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. Coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, or substance abuse treatment, and is not to be used in place of any form of therapy.
- I acknowledge that I have been completely honest about my health history, mental health history or previous treatments for substance abuse that may impact my coaching relationship. If I am currently in therapy or otherwise under the care of a mental health professional, I have consulted with this person regarding the advisability of working with a parenting/family/marriage coach and this person is aware of my decision to proceed with the coaching relationship. I am willing to sign a Release of Information form so that my coach and my counselor may collaborate on my coaching.
- I understand that information will be held as confidential unless I state otherwise, in writing, except as required by law to include- if I become a danger to myself or someone else, if I abuse a minor or an elderly person, if I am involved in a court case against my coach.
- I understand that coaching is not to be used in lieu of professional advice. I will seek professional guidance for legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual, or other matters. I understand that all decisions in these areas are exclusively mine, and I acknowledge that my decisions and my actions regarding them are my responsibility.
- Coaching may be an on-going relationship that may take a number of weeks or months; however either party can terminate the coaching relationship at any time. Some or all of the coaching may be done over the phone or via Skype.
- Coaching can involve new parenting tools to try, effective discipline strategies, goal-setting, assessments, assignments, thought-provoking questions, discussions, problem-solving, identifying plans of action, accountability, education, and prayer.
- Any coaching relationship is most effective when both parties are honest and straight forward in their communication. I will give each and every coaching session my best. And coaching will benefit you the most when you choose to give it your best too.
- There are so many variables in coaching, and ultimately, you are in charge of you. You are responsible for your choices. I promise to prayerfully guide you, however, except as expressly provided in this agreement, there are no guarantees or warranties, expressed or implied as to the outcomes of my coaching.
- Prior to beginning, both parties will agree: to a fee, form of payment, procedures for cancelled appointments, and initial length of commitment. I agree to notify my coach 24 hours in advance of cancellations for scheduled calls or sessions understanding the coach reserves the right to bill for missed appointments.
*Sessions are 1-hour sessions (unless otherwise specified).
*Prior to each session the coach will ask what you want your main focus to be at the upcoming session. Please have a focus in mind so our coaching session will be more beneficial to you and your family. (I recommend keeping a journal with questions or concerns).
*Your coach may also have a plan for each coaching session—taking the goals that you want to work on in your family and having one thing to focus on each time. However, you will also have time to ask questions about any current parenting concerns you are experiencing too.
*Please complete all assignments or assessments given and have them ready for each session. This will help not only during our session, but will also help you and your family make progress to reach your personal and parenting goals.
*Coach will call client at the number provided or be ready on the Zoom link given to you by your coach on the date and at the time scheduled. For in-person coaching, coach will confirm the desired place and time for coaching session.
I have read and agree to the above. Please electronically sign the agreement below by printing your name (which counts as your signature) or print out, fill out, take a picture and text or email to your coach. Please print Coaching Guidelines Expectations and Agreement for your records.