NO MORE ANGRY KIDS
- Need some strategies to deal with your child’s anger? How about some ideas for preventing anger outbursts in the first place? JOIN US—Wednesday, April 22nd 9pm – 10pm on Zoom. REGISTER TODAY to get the Meeting Link
EVERYTHING BABY & KIDS GARAGE SALE HAS BEEN POSTPONED. As you are Spring Cleaning, PLEASE SET ASIDE SOME DONATIONS FOR US AS WE ARE HOPING TO RESCHEDULE FOR END OF SUMMER 2020! WE WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED.
Here is a full list of our Parenting Seminars and Presentations
No More Angry Kids
Kids’ big emotions can be scary–especially when they are screaming, hitting, throwing things, etc. Big emotions don’t necessarily mean big problems, but it is our job as parents to teach our kids how to handle their big emotions so they do not eventually become big problems in the future. In this parenting seminar, we will:
- uncover the possible underlying causes of anger in your child.
- share powerful tools to help your child handle his/her big emotions.
- identify practical strategies to teach your child self-control.
- help you relate and connect with your child on a new and deeper level.
No More Technology Tantrums
Technology is overtaking our homes, dividing our families and breaking our relationships with our kids. Technology can be addictive and destructive! But does it have to be? Or, as parents, can we take a stand, set healthy boundaries, and refuse to allow technology to run, rule, or ruin our families? I say YES WE CAN. And we absolutely should…for the health of our kids, for the health of our relationships, and for the health of our families. In this Parenting Seminar–We will also answer many questions:
- How can you use technology to support your parenting efforts to raise kind and loving kids?
- How do you set healthy boundaries and what does that look like in your day-to-day lives?
- How do you begin to teach your child self-control and the ability to turn technology off without a tantrum?
- How do you prevent technology from overtaking your home and destroying your relationship with your child?
No More Bullying
More and more, we hear terrifying stories about bullying. How does bullying start? What can we do to prevent it? How do we teach our kids not to be a bully nor to allow someone to bully them? Let’s put an end to bullying together!!! In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- discuss all the answers to these questions and find out more about what bullying is, why it happens, and how to prevent it.
- learn practical, effective, and creative parenting tools to raise kind kids and end bullying.
No More Yelling
Yelling works. It gets the job done…but at what cost? Our voice? Our sanity? Our child’s trust? Our respect level? There has to be a better way to get our kids to listen and obey, right? In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- discuss reasons why you yell and the downside to yelling at our kids.
- identify your Yelling Personality and equip you with tools to handle tough situations more effectively
- discover powerful, practical, and even fun parenting tools to replace the yelling and bring more peace and teamwork into your home.
No More Picky Eaters
Are meal times crazy in your home? Is it hard to get your kids to eat their food, try new foods, and be grateful for their food? Are you tired of the complaining or silliness or stubbornness? Meal times can be tough. Meal times can be exhausting, but they don’t have to be. In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- learn creative, no-nonsense strategies to encourage your kids to eat anything that don’t involve begging, battling, or bribing.
- reveal ideas to help your kids choose to eat healthy food and be more grateful.
- share helpful ways to connect with your family and enjoy mealtimes together–eating the same thing…at the same time!
No More Lying
Our kids will make mistakes. That’s just life! We all make mistakes. But sometimes kids just simply don’t know what to do! Sometimes kids choose to lie, try to hide their mistakes, feel ashamed, try to blame someone else, etc. Let’s empower our kids to do the right thing and learn to be better mistake-makers. In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- discover why kids lie and how you can create a “trust bridge” with them instead.
- learn practical strategies for what you can do to create an environment in your home of openness, honesty, grace, and forgiveness.
- share 4 simple steps to teach your kids what to do when they make a mistake so they feel more empowered to truth-tell instead of lie.
No More Homework Headaches
Doing homework doesn’t have to feel like a chore. It doesn’t have to be the cause of fights or fits. And it certainly doesn’t destroy having a positive relationship with our kids anymore! In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- practical tools to empower your kids to be more independent and self-motivated with their homework.
- discuss ways that parents can actually create more division during homework time and learn what to do instead.
- create a sense of responsibility and teamwork when it comes to homework time to create better habits for the future.
No More Bedtime Battles
Bedtime can be just plain exhausting! Kids can push buttons, need to go to the bathroom, and get drinks of water. They want us to sleep with them, or they want to sleep with us. And it seems like all the chaos will just never end. Bedtime is weird, because, if you think about it, we cannot force a child to go to sleep. So what can we do? In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- learn strategies for creating a bedtime routine that works.
- discover obstacles in your way that could be preventing your kids from being able to sleep.
- share secrets to empowering your kids to sleep on their own (so you can get the sleep you need and deserve!)
No More Sibling Rivalry
The fighting, the bickering, the tattling, the yelling, the screaming….AAAAAAAHHHH! Enough! If you’re tired of your kids not getting along with each other and desire to have more teamwork and unity between your children, this class is for you! In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- identify triggers that cause kids to fight and what you can do to lessen their need to fight.
- discover ways you can foster closer, healthier relationships between siblings.
- learn simple, powerful tools to teach your kids to get along and work as a team.
Parenting Strong-Willed Kids
Strong-willed kids can make us want to pull your hair out–trust me, I have 3 of them! They can frustrate us, baffle us, and sometimes even make us want to give up. In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- discuss the true purpose of God giving your child his/her strong will.
- reveal 10 Teamwork Parenting Tools including effective discipline strategies that work.
- share the most powerful tool for building a positive relationship with your strong-will child.
Discipline and the Difficult Child
Have you tried everything? Do you feel completely lost, drained, out of ideas, and nearing the end of your patience? Let’s talk. Difficult kids are not the same as other kids. In fact, they are not even in the “strong-willed” category. They are in a category all on their own. (I hope that makes you feel better already). But there is hope! Do not give up. In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- share why the techniques we are currently using aren’t working for your child and what you can do differently.
- discuss more effective (and even unusual) Teamwork Parenting Tools to get more positive results.
- encourage and empower you on this very challenging parenting journey!
Discipline with Love
To discipline our kids is to love them. But discipline doesn’t mean punishment. Discipline doesn’t mean to add more time-outs, more yelling, more spanking, more threatening, more bribing, more begging, or more arguing to our parenting toolbox. It also doesn’t mean to give up, give in, and give kids their way either. So what does effective discipline look like and how can it be loving? In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- completely redefine discipline using the Teamwork Parenting Approach.
- provide techniques for creating a positive team environment in your home.
- teach strategies for proactive expectations and consequences.
- discuss more effective discipline tools that build mutual respect.
Diffusing the “Fit Bomb”
Kids will throw fits. They will scream. They will cry. They may even throw things or flail about all over the ground. Sometimes kids just simply explode! Fits can be so frightening, frustrating, annoying, and can make us really lose our cool. What can we do instead? In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- teach the Teamwork Parenting Approach method for fits.
- share calm strategies for what to do during a fit that don’t involve yelling.
- reveal powerful tools to implement for preventing fits in the first place.
The Teamwork Parenting Approach Training
Too strict…too permissive…too this…too that! Do you ever feel that no matter what you do as a parent, it’s just wrong? Does it ever seem like every article, blog post, or parenting opinion says that whatever you are doing will mess your kids up for life! In this parenting seminar, we will:
- share powerful and practical tools that honor your parenting personality as well as your spouse’s.
- teach you a parenting approach that respects your God-given position of authority in your family while still respecting your child.
- equip you with ideas and strategies to find that perfect balance of rules and relationship.
- help you focus on building that strong family team that you desire!
Go Family! 9 Practical Ways to Bring More Team Unity in our Homes
This world needs stronger families and it starts in our homes and the relationships that we build within it. Building a strong family takes time, energy, prayer, patience, love, balance, discipline, and teamwork. In this Parenting Seminar, Christine Leeb, author of Go Family! will:
- teach strategies for helping your kids feel like they belong.
- share practical, powerful, and even a little crazy-creative ideas for inviting cooperation into your every-day life.
- empower you with relationship-building tools to establish a team environment in your home.
THE FOLLOWING CLASSES CAN BE ADAPTED FOR PARENTS TO TAKE WITH THEIR CHILDREN OR IF TAUGHT IN A SCHOOL SETTING, CAN BE ADAPTED FOR KIDS ONLY.
Bullying is a problem and needs to stop! But, guess what? Bullying doesn’t even have to start in the first place. Let’s teach our kids kindness and love for themselves and for others. Let’s teach them to value themselves and value others too. Let’s make the world a more “bucket-filling” place. In this fun and interactive class for preschool kids, we will:
- read the book “Have You Filled a Bucket Today?”
- identify ways kids can be kind to themselves and to others.
- help kids recognize their importance and the importance of others.
- express understanding of kindness and “bucket-filling” with a song, activities, coloring, and more.
This lesson also meets the following benchmarks from the Illinois Early Learning Standards for preschool:
- 1.A Demonstrate understanding through age-appropriate responses.
- 2.A Demonstrate interest in stories and books.
- 2.B Recognize key ideas and details in stories.
- 2.D Establish personal connections with books.
- 5.A Demonstrate growing interest and abilities in writing.
Starting Kindergarten is exciting but it can also be scary–for both the child and the parents. You and your soon-to-be kindergartner are invited to this free and fun class where we will share what to expect and help you feel more ready for this big step. In this presentation, we will:
- share the 4 R’s of being ready for Kindergarten.
- provide simple strategies for working as a team to make Kindergarten go more smoothly.
- have a time for Q & A for both you and your future kindergartner.
There will be snacks and great information on how to make this transition easier on the whole family!
Middle School…I’m Ready!
It’s new. It’s exciting. It’s scary…it’s middle school! Being in middle school can be tough. There are so many changes. So many new responsibilities. So many expectations. In this presentation, you and your soon-to-be middle school student will focus on areas of learning, organization, communication, and character. With fun activities, discussions, and role-playing, we will explore:
- How our brains work and how your brain learns and remembers information best.
- How to be more organized and ready for additional responsibilities and homework.
- How to be assertive in communicating with teachers and friends.
- How to make good choices and be a student of good character.
Life is More Than Poopy Diapers: Finding Your Purpose as a Mom
Being a mom can turn out to be so much harder than we thought it was going to be! It’s easy to feel like you’re constantly failing and even lose your own purpose in life! Do you find yourself feeling overwhelmed and exhausted with bottles, burping, night-time feedings, and poopy diapers? Have you ever thought: “Is this what my life has become?” You have a purpose in motherhood and outside of motherhood. In this presentation, we will:
- identify your strengths and God-given abilities.
- move toward discovering how God wants you to use those strengths in motherhood and in life.
- find a new sense of purpose and joy in your season of motherhood.
Facing Fear with Faith
Fear is relentless…constantly beating you up and beating you down. Consistently telling you lies—-discouraging and distracting you from the plans God has for your life. Bringing on anxious thoughts, anxious feelings, and completely shutting you down. Well…NO MORE! In this presentation, Christine Leeb, author of In His Light; Facing Fear with Faith, will share:
- her own personal life-long struggle with fear and anxiety that almost ended her life.
- 4 ways fear tries to defeat you
- 4 powerful ways to defeat fear in your own life each and every day!