2019 Scheduled Presentations and Events
You can invite us to present at any conference, workshop, school, preschool, moms group, workplace, organization, other event, etc. Help us help more families and bring unity and teamwork to parents and kids in our community.
Here is a full list of our Parenting Seminars and Presentations
The Teamwork Parenting Approach Training
The strength of our families is critical in this crazy, unpredictable world. The Teamwork Parenting Approach equips any parent with the tools they need to build a strong family team and a close, positive relationship with their kids. In this training, you will:
- learn how the Teamwork Parenting Approach works and why it’s so effective.
- discover practical and powerful Teamwork Parenting Tools to use for discipline.
- gain a new perspective on the power of teamwork in your home to build trust and a mutual respect with your kids.
No More Technology Tantrums
Technology is overtaking our homes, dividing our families and breaking our relationships with our kids. Technology can be addictive and destructive! But does it have to be? Or, as parents, can we take a stand, set healthy boundaries, and refuse to allow technology to run, rule, or ruin our families? I say YES WE CAN. And we absolutely should…for the health of our kids, for the health of our relationships, and for the health of our families. In this Parenting Seminar, we will share proactive and powerful tools on how to use technology wisely in our homes with our little ones. We will also answer many questions:
- How do we use technology to support our parenting efforts to raise kind and loving kids?
- How do we set healthy boundaries and what does that look like in our day-to-day lives?
- How do we begin to teach our child self-control and the ability to turn technology off without a tantrum?
- How do we prevent technology from overtaking our home and destroying our relationship with our child?
No More Bullying
More and more, we hear terrifying stories about bullying. But together, we can put an end to it. Bullying can start and end in our homes. In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- Learn more about bullying and why it happens.
- Discuss proactive ways to teach our kids not to be a bully nor to allow someone to bully them.
- Share practical, effective, and creative parenting tools to help our kids to resist bullying and to choose to be kind.
No More Yelling
Yelling works. It gets the job done…but at what cost? Our voice? Our sanity? Our child’s trust? Our respect level? There has to be a better way to get our kids to respect our authority without screaming at them, right? There has to be a better way to get our kids to listen and obey while still remaining calm, right? I know it seems impossible, but in this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- discuss reasons why we yell
- identify triggers or hot buttons that cause us to yell more often
- discover powerful, practical, and even fun parenting tools to replace the yelling and bring peace and teamwork into our homes.
No More Anxiety
Anxiety is REAL. Anxiety is a challenge for adults, so can you imagine how difficult it is for kids? It can be very frustrating to deal with a child who has anxiety. In this workshop, we will:
- Share the struggles we face with anxiety in our own lives and in the lives of our kids so you know that you are not alone.
- Teach practical and creative tools we can use to help our kids lessen their anxiety.
- Discuss powerful ways we can come alongside our anxious kids to create a more positive thought-life and overcome obstacles standing in their way.
No More Angry Kids
Angry kids can be scary. But there’s more to our kids’ anger than we realize. The more we know and understand our kids’ anger, the more we can teach them and train them to have the self-control and gentleness they need. It is CRITICAL that kids learn to control and regulate their emotions, and we as their parents can help them. In this parenting seminar, we will:
- explore the emotion of anger to better understand and empathize with our child.
- share proactive tools for preventing “anger build-up.”
- learn effective tools for coaching our kids to choose more respectful reactions.
- discuss ways for kids to “get their anger out” in more healthy ways.
No More Picky Eaters
Are meal times crazy in your home? Is it hard to get your kids to eat their food, try new foods, and be grateful for their food? Are you tired of the complaining or silliness or stubbornness? Meal times can be tough. Meal times can be exhausting, but they don’t have to be. In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- learn creative, no-nonsense strategies to encourage our kids to eat anything that don’t involve begging, battling, or bribing.
- reveal ideas to help our kids choose to eat healthy food and be more grateful.
- share helpful ways to connect with our family and enjoy mealtimes together–eating the same thing…at the same time!
No More Lying
Our kids will make mistakes. That’s just life! We all make mistakes. But sometimes kids just simply don’t know what to do! Sometimes kids choose to lie, try to hide their mistakes, feel ashamed, try to blame someone else, etc. Let’s empower our kids to do the right thing and learn to be better mistake-makers. In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- discover why kids lie and how we can create a “trust bridge” with them instead.
- learn practical strategies for what we can do to create an environment in our home of openness, honesty, grace, and forgiveness.
- share 4 simple steps to teach our kids what to do when they make a mistake.
No More Homework Headaches
Doing homework doesn’t have to feel like a chore. It doesn’t have to be the cause of fights or fits. And it certainly doesn’t have to destroy having a positive relationship with our kids anymore! In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- share how to avoid those power struggles.
- discover simple but powerful tools to empower our kids to be more independent and self-motivated.
- teach what we can do as parents to set our kids up for life-long success.
No More Bedtime Battles
Bedtime can be just plain exhausting! Kids can push buttons, need to go to the bathroom, and get drinks of water. They want us to sleep with them, or they want to sleep with us. And it seems like all the chaos will just never end. Bedtime is weird, because, if you think about it, we cannot force a child to go to sleep. So what can we do? In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- learn strategies for creating a bedtime routine that works.
- discover obstacles in our way that could be preventing our kids from being able to sleep.
- share secrets to empowering our kids to sleep on their own (so we can get the sleep we need and deserve!)
No More Sibling Rivalry
The fighting, the bickering, the tattling, the yelling, the screaming….AAAAAAAHHHH! Enough! If you’re tired of your kids not getting along with each other and desire to have more teamwork and unity between your children, this class is for you! In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- identify triggers that cause kids to fight and what we can do to lessen their need to fight.
- discover ways we can foster closer, healthier relationships between siblings.
- learn simple, powerful tools to teach our kids to get along and work as a team.
Parenting Strong-Willed Kids
Strong-willed kids can make us want to pull your hair out–trust me, I have 3 of them! They can frustrate us, baffle us, and sometimes even make us want to give up. In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- discuss the true purpose of God giving our child his/her strong will.
- reveal 10 Teamwork Parenting Tools including effective discipline strategies that work.
- share the most powerful tool for building a positive relationship with our strong-will child.
Discipline and the Difficult Child
Have you tried everything? Do you feel completely lost, drained, out of ideas, and nearing the end of your patience? Let’s talk. Difficult kids are not the same as other kids. In fact, they are not even in the “strong-willed” category. They are in a category all on their own. (I hope that makes you feel better already). But there is hope! Do not give up. In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- share why the techniques we are currently using aren’t working for our kids and what we can do differently.
- discuss more effective (and even unusual) Teamwork Parenting Tools to get more positive results.
- encourage and empower you on this very challenging parenting journey!
Discipline with Love
To discipline our kids is to love them. But discipline doesn’t mean punishment. Discipline doesn’t mean to add more time-outs, more yelling, more spanking, more threatening, more bribing, more begging, or more arguing to our parenting toolbox. It also doesn’t mean to give up, give in, and give kids their way either. So what does effective discipline look like and how can it be loving? In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- completely redefine discipline using the Teamwork Parenting Approach.
- provide techniques for creating a positive team environment in our home.
- teach strategies for proactive expectations and consequences.
- discuss more effective discipline tools that build mutual respect.
Diffusing the “Fit Bomb”
Kids will throw fits. They will scream. They will cry. They may even throw things or flail about all over the ground. Sometimes kids just simply explode! Fits can be so frightening, frustrating, annoying, and can make us really lose our cool. What can we do instead? In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- teach the Teamwork Parenting Approach method for fits.
- share calm strategies for what to do during a fit that don’t involve yelling.
- reveal powerful tools to implement for preventing fits in the first place.
Go Family! 9 Practical Ways to Bring More Team Unity in our Homes
This world needs stronger families! Our family is our team no matter who is in it, where we live, or what we do. Let’s learn to live united with our families and stay a strong team of people who love God, love ourselves, and love others. In this Parenting Seminar, we will:
- learn simple, fun, and practical ideas for creating unity in our homes.
- discover strategies for helping every member of our family feel like they belong, that they are loved, and that they are valuable members of our family team.
- empower you to find a new joy in spending time with your family team!
THE FOLLOWING CLASSES CAN BE ADAPTED FOR PARENTS TO TAKE WITH THEIR CHILDREN OR IF TAUGHT IN A SCHOOL SETTING, CAN BE ADAPTED FOR KIDS ONLY.
Bullying is a problem and needs to stop! But, guess what? Bullying doesn’t even have to start in the first place. Let’s teach our kids kindness and love for themselves and for others. Let’s teach them to value themselves and value others too. Let’s make the world a more “bucket-filling” place. In this fun and interactive class for preschool kids, we will:
- read the book “Have You Filled a Bucket Today?”
- identify ways kids can be kind to themselves and to others.
- help kids recognize their importance and the importance of others.
- express understanding of kindness and “bucket-filling” with a song, activities, coloring, and more.
This lesson also meets the following benchmarks from the Illinois Early Learning Standards for preschool:
- 1.A Demonstrate understanding through age-appropriate responses.
- 2.A Demonstrate interest in stories and books.
- 2.B Recognize key ideas and details in stories.
- 2.D Establish personal connections with books.
- 5.A Demonstrate growing interest and abilities in writing.
Starting Kindergarten is exciting but it can also be scary–for both the child and the parents. You and your soon-to-be kindergartner are invited to this free and fun class where we will share what to expect and help you feel more ready for this big step. In this presentation, we will:
- share the 4 R’s of being ready for Kindergarten.
- provide simple strategies for working as a team to make Kindergarten go more smoothly.
- have a time for Q & A for both you and your future kindergartner.
There will be snacks and great information on how to make this transition easier on the whole family!
Middle School…I’m Ready!
It’s new. It’s exciting. It’s scary…it’s middle school! Being in middle school can be tough. There are so many changes. So many new responsibilities. So many expectations. In this presentation, you and your soon-to-be middle school student will focus on areas of learning, organization, communication, and character. With fun activities, discussions, and role-playing, we will explore:
- How our brains work and how your brain learns and remembers information best.
- How to be more organized and ready for additional responsibilities and homework.
- How to be assertive in communicating with teachers and friends.
- How to make good choices and be a student of good character.
Life is More Than Poopy Diapers: Finding Your Purpose as a Mom
Being a mom can turn out to be so much harder than we thought it was going to be! It’s easy to feel like you’re constantly failing and even lose your own purpose in life! Do you find yourself feeling overwhelmed and exhausted with bottles, burping, night-time feedings, and poopy diapers? Have you ever thought: “Is this what my life has become?” You have a purpose in motherhood and outside of motherhood. In this class, we will:
- identify your strengths and God-given abilities.
- move toward discovering how God wants you to use those strengths in motherhood and in life.
- find a new sense of purpose and joy in your season of motherhood.
Facing Fear with Faith
Fear disguises itself in so many ways in our lives. Fear tries to rob us of joy and stop us from living a life that God has called us to live. Fear is relentless and never gives up! In this presentation, Christine shares her own personal, life-long struggle with fear that almost ended her life. She will also share:
- sneaky tactics fear uses to destroy us.
- how she overcomes her fears on a daily basis.
- how we can identify and have power over our fears.
- powerful tools we can all use to combat our fears so we can live out the calling God has for each of us.