To strengthen families and promote healthy parent-child relationships…even in those real-life moments.
Real Life Families envisions a community where every parent, regardless of background or income, has stigma-free, easily accessible, and no-cost parenting support, mentorship opportunities, and effective research-based and culturally adaptable parenting tools creating stronger family teams and children who are thriving with healthy social, emotional, cognitive, and character skills.
Prevention – Education – Support
We offer EVERY FAMILY…
- classes and workshops (online and in-person)
- parenting groups (currently online only)
- one-on-one coaching sessions (Scholarships are available)
- Parenting Support Line–920-7FAMILY (for non-emergency parenting support—ask a question, find encouragement, seek prayer)
- and mentoring support (parents-helping-parents).
OUR REAL-LIFE FOCUS
We understand that parenting is HARD…families are struggling…many families are facing some very tough, real-life circumstances…most of us have encountered levels of trauma in our lives…and ALL of us continue to navigate life in this never-ending pandemic (in which the long-term impact is still not entirely clear)!
We understand that kids are frustrating, exhausting, draining, and sometimes overwhelming. We understand that marriage is really difficult and being a single parent can be really, really difficult. And sibling rivalry, sassy attitudes, disobedience, BIG emotions, and defiance is so very challenging…but our kids need us. We are the most important influence in their lives and have the greatest impact on their development.
That’s why Real Life Families is here to help! We take your real-life, tough moments and equip, empower, and encourage YOU to find REAL solutions that will work for your REAL-LIFE family. We want to do all we can to walk alongside you and provide you with practical tools to strengthen your family, improve your marriage, and promote a healthy relationship with your child.
The work we do is immeasurable!
When EVERY parent is equipped with tools to meet their child’s developmental needs and learns how to build a secure attachment at every stage of development…
- Child abuse and neglect, mental illness, aggression, teen pregnancy, teen suicide, and even crime decrease…
- Self-esteem and academic achievement improve…
- Schools, neighborhoods and communities are safer…
- Children have healthier outcomes in their social, emotional, cognitive, and moral development.
In 2021, over 47 million Americans experienced a mental illness. 7% of 47 million is: 3,290,000.
- So that’s over 3 million people suffering from a mental illness which could have been prevented if their parent(s)/caregiver(s) had learned more effective and developmentally appropriate parenting tools, and that’s WHY WE DO THE WORK WE DO!