To strengthen families and promote healthy parent-child relationships…even in those real-life moments.
Real Life Families envisions a community where every parent, regardless of race, background, or income, has stigma-free, easily accessible, and no-cost parenting support, mentorship opportunities, and effective research-based parenting tools that can be adapted to any culture creating stronger family teams and children who are thriving with healthy social, emotional, cognitive, and character skills.
- We are a trauma-informed, culturally aware organization striving for unity in every community.
- We are creating a movement where supporting every parent is a community priority.
We offer EVERY FAMILY…
- weekly emails with parenting tips, child development information, family connection ideas and MORE!
- classes and workshops
- parenting groups
- one-on-one coaching sessions (Scholarships are available)
- Parenting Support Line–920-7FAMILY (920-732 6459) for non-emergency parenting support
- and mentoring support (parents-helping-parents).
OUR REAL-LIFE FOCUS
We understand that parenting is HARD…families are struggling…many families are facing some very tough, real-life circumstances…most of us have encountered levels of trauma in our lives…and ALL of us continue to navigate life in this never-ending pandemic (in which the long-term impact is still not entirely clear)!
We understand that kids are frustrating, exhausting, draining, and sometimes overwhelming. We understand that marriage is really difficult and being a single parent can be really, really difficult. And sibling rivalry, sassy attitudes, disobedience, BIG emotions, and defiance is so very challenging…but our kids need us. We are the most important influence in their lives and have the greatest impact on their development.
That’s why Real Life Families is here to help! We take your real-life, tough moments and equip, empower, and encourage YOU to find REAL solutions that will work for your REAL-LIFE family. We are your partner in parenting, and we want to walk alongside you and offer parenting support in a variety of ways to help you achieve your parenting goals.
The work we do is immeasurable!
When EVERY parent is equipped with tools to meet their child’s developmental needs and learns how to build a secure attachment at every stage of development…
- Child abuse and neglect, mental illness, aggression, teen pregnancy, teen suicide, and even crime decrease…
- Self-esteem and academic achievement improve…
- Schools, neighborhoods and communities are safer…
- Children have healthier outcomes in their social, emotional, cognitive, and moral development.
- In 2021, over 47 million Americans experienced a mental illness. 7% of 47 million is: 3,290,000!!!
- Equipping parents with positive and effective parenting tools and empowering them to create secure and healthy relationships with their children can be prevent mental illness in over 3 million children per year.
- THIS IS WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO!
- Suicide is preventable!
- Parents who are equipped with tools that respect their authority AND their child can remain calm and cooperative when dealing with challenging behaviors in their children which is why parents are the first line of defense against mental illnesses including those that lead to anxiety, depression and suicide.
- THIS IS WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO!